Audrey's favorite dinner is BBQ Chicken Soup, which is a recipe I made up one Sunday when there wasn't a whole lot to eat in the house. I just started throwing stuff in a crock pot with the hope it would be edible when we got home from church. It was actually yummy and is Audrey's favorite dinner. Here is the recipe:
1 28 oz can of Bush's Baked Beans
1 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
1 chopped onion
1 32 oz oz of chicken broth
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
8 oz (which is 1/2 bag) frozen sweet corn
BBQ sauce to taste (We like about 1/2 cup)
I puree the stewed tomatoes and onion in the blender to make the onion chunks too small to pick out. :) Then I put everything except for the corn & BBQ sauce in the crock pot on high for 2-3 hours. Then I shred the cooked chicken and put it back into the soup and add the corn and BBQ sauce. We serve the soup with mashed potatoes and corn bread. Enjoy!!










No comments:
Post a Comment