Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rock Star or Structural Engineer?

A couple of years ago, Bruce was asked by his cousin Cody if he wanted to be a rock star when he grew up. Bruce answered, "Yeah! But, my Dad says I need to be a structural engineer like him." The funny thing about that conversation is that Bruce is (without coercion) a "Mini-Brandon." He built this complex magnet structure when we came home from church today. Of course, it has parts that open and perform imaginary functions (laser shooting, etc.). You tell me...should he be a rock star or structural engineer?



4 comments:

Emma said...

Being a structural engineer is one of the most noble things anyone can do. Bruce should be a structural engineer.


Love,

Brandon

Kathy said...

I say rock star - we don't have one in the family yet! Go for it Bruce :)

And the best part he has a name for either one.

Brynne said...

That is some pretty complex magnet building! Way to go, Bruce! I think he has the brains to be an engineer, but the personality to be a rock star!!

Todd Johnson said...

I think as parents you should be encouraging him to be a rock star. That way he'll stay away from the sex, drugs, and all the other abominations prevalent in the structural engineer lifestyle.